Wednesday 22 January 2014

VB, Plan de L'Aiguille, GM and Les Houches

All in one day! Busy times in the Valley today but with this being the first day of good weather for a while and the first day I was free to ski for nearly a week, I had to make the most of it.

First up was a trip up the Midi to do a lap on the classic Vallee Blanche. As ever the views were incredible and we got some amazing powder followed by some superb, steep chalk underneath the Requin Hut so an excellent morning by any measure.






Next up was a lap down the Plan de L'Aiguille which was fun but not classic powder. At the top it's basically dust on crust but still rippable and it makes for good sport. The stuff lower down was pretty similar and not nearly as bad as I expected, plus I only took my skis off for about 10 metres, so pretty good all round. It's not really worthwhile right now but if we get some fresh snow it will be amazing.


The lower section of the Plan de L'Aiguille.

By now it was still only lunchtime so I headed to Grands Montets and did a really fun lap off the top bin with some friends up there. As if that wasn't enough, I ended the day with an hour of ripping the Les Houches pistes just to finish the legs off. 

Boom! More snow on the way tomorrow and Friday....